April 14, 2015 13:10:20 UK
Former defender Slaven Bilic has denied reports he is being targeted by West Ham United to replace Sam Allardyce as manager next season.
Under-pressure Allardyce questioned his own future at the Boleyn Ground last week when he revealed his position had not been clarified at a recruitment meeting with his paymasters.
“I do not know who keeps spreading the West Ham link but I can tell you I am not in talks with the club.”
“I don’t know I am going to be here next season,” he told reporters.
“But when you’re contracted to a club, you do the job. One of those roles is to plan for next season.”
A wretched run of form since the end of January – the east Londoners have only won one game in all competitions – has led to speculation the 60-year-old could be let go.
However, current Besiktas coach Bilic, who became a fans’ favourite after impressing as a defender during his playing days between 1996 and 1997, says he has had no contact with the Premier League club.
The 46-year-old former Croatia national team manager, who signed a three-year contract to take over at Besiktas in 2013, said he was aware of the speculation but insisted he had not been in talks with West Ham.
In an interview with Fanatik, Bilic said: “I do not know who keeps spreading the West Ham link but I can tell you I am not in talks with the club.
“My future will be decided at the end of the season with Besiktas.
“I am very pleased with the work I do, and think I do my job well. I have not received an offer from anyone.”
West Ham are on 43 points in ninth place and currently priced 1.50 to finish in the top half of the Premier League at the end of the season.
Looking for a top tip this weekend? Head to the bet365 YouTube channel and get the views of Sam Matterface & our very own Steve Freeth in the latest bet365 Update.
Don’t forget, all Premier League matches are covered by the bet365 100% Euro Soccer Bonus, where you could earn a bonus of up to 100% on your returns on pre-match accumulator bets.
View all Soccer betting