June 01, 2015 08:35:55 UK
Yaya Toure says he will not be leaving Manchester City this summer and is already looking forward to challenging Chelsea for next season’s Premier League title.
The 32-year-old had been linked with a move away from the 2013/14 champions recently but now says he sees his future at City.
The Ivorian had been criticised for some below-par displays in the second of the season following his return from the African Cup of Nations but says he is fully committed to the club.
What I want for the fans is the Champions League. I will do everything that’s possible.
Toure, who had been rumoured to be heading to Inter Milan, who are currently managed by former City boss Roberto Mancini, told the Manchester Evening News: “I will definitely stay. The fans don’t have to be worried.
“My target this year is to try to do everything possible to make this team improve well and I am sure, with my experience, maybe I hope, with the players coming in a couple of weeks, a couple of months, definitely it is going to be a strong City next year.
“City have been in the shadow of United for so long. Sometimes their fans are coming back, saying we are the top because we have already won the Champions League.
“What I want for the fans is the Champions League. I will do everything that’s possible.”
The 32-year-old, who has two years left to run on his City contract, has scored 48 goals in 163 Premier League appearances following his arrival from Barcelona for £24million five years ago.
City are 4.00 to win the Premier League title outright in 2015/16 while Chelsea are available at 2.37.
Got an opinion on this story? Join in the debate by contacting bet365 on Twitter, Facebook or Google+.
Don’t forget, all Premier League matches are covered by the bet365 Euro Soccer Bonus, where you could earn a bonus of up to 100% on your returns on pre-match accumulator bets. T & Cs apply.
View all Soccer betting