Toure plans to stun Barcelona

Bet Now |

Share It

March 18, 2015 09:01:06 UK

Yaya Toure insists Manchester City can pull themselves out of their current trough and hit the heights again.

The Ivory Coast international is set to feature in Wednesday’s Champions League last-16 second-leg encounter against Barcelona after serving his three-match European ban.

City are 11.00 to qualify for the quarter-finals after losing the first leg in Manchester 2-1 and are 15.00 to win the Premier League title outright after slumping to a 1-0 defeat at Burnley on Saturday.

The knives are out for City boss Manuel Pellegrini but Toure says the players remain convinced the Chilean is the right man for the job, despite the team’s recent woes.

We’ve got a good team that can produce a good work-rate – we’ll try to win it and get through.

Yaya Toure

City have won just three of their last 11 games in all competitions, but Toure, 5.50 to score at any time against Barcelona, said: “Football is like that. Last year we were brilliant, and everyone was saying City are a top team in Europe, and all of a sudden we have some problems and we’re the worst team in the world.

“We can deal with that. We all know what we have to do. The owners have spent a lot of money to make this one of the top clubs in Europe. We have had some difficulties but we are working hard. It’s not the first time we have been in this situation.

“After losing the first game against Barcelona it’s going to be difficult against a great team. I’m happy to be back, and we’ve got a good team that can produce a good work-rate – we’ll try to win it and get through.”

Looking for more from bet365? Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or +1 us on Google+ for fun competitions, special offers & much more!

Don’t forget, all of the fantastic markets we have to offer, including In-Play betting, can be accessed on mobile or tablet with bet365 On The Move.

View all Soccer betting

Bet Now |

Share It