May 24, 2015 09:00:14 UK
Carlo Ancelotti has indicated that, if he is sacked by Real Madrid next week, he will take a year out from the game.
It has been rumoured that Napoli boss Rafa Benitez will replace Ancelotti at the Bernabeu this summer.
“My future is clear in my head,” said former AC Milan and Chelsea boss Ancelotti said after Real had beaten Getafe 7-3 on Saturday. “I will continue here at Real Madrid or I will stop for a year.
I will continue here at Real Madrid or I will stop for a year.
“I think we are going to meet next week to clarify the future of the club. This is football, especially at a club like Real Madrid it is normal to be questioned after part of the season didn’t go well.
“It is part of my job. Last season we won the tenth European Cup and this year is a different story. I won’t forget what we did last year or what happened this year. You have to consider everything.
“I want to stay. If the club says I can’t continue I won’t be happy but these things have happened many times in football, it is not the first time. It happened to me at Juventus, Chelsea, at PSG I asked to leave.”
Real were beaten by Juventus in the semi-finals of the Champions League earlier this month while Barcelona have won the La Liga title.
Barca are 7.00 to beat Juventus 2-0 in the Champions League final in Berlin.
Looking for more from bet365? Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or +1 us on Google+ for fun competitions, special offers & much more!
Don’t forget, all La Liga matches are covered by the bet365 Euro Soccer Bonus, where you could earn a bonus of up to 100% on your returns on pre-match accumulator bets. T & Cs apply.
View all Soccer betting